Thursday, July 16, 2015

Too Many Women- Too Much Information (Letter #6)

Shalom Josh,

It is all pointless my man.
I have been out with so many women recently, I have to go through a pre-date flow chart to figure out which one I am with. There is nothing more uncomfortable than asking the same questions and having the same conversation again, with the same girl. It generally happens in the middle of the date, where I realize that she is the one I dated before. 
It is even difficult having to figure out which one I am going out with at the time. I can't remember the information. This is why I do not go on second dates anymore. It has nothing to do with not giving a chance to the girl, who I am not attracted to. I am not that shallow. 
On a first date, I am forgiven for the lack of knowledge and care given to the specific woman. Specifics, those are the problems. These ladies think that if you remember stuff about them, then you care. So I don't remember what you do for a living, that you have siblings, that you are vegetarian. How is this offensive?
I have to date though. People are getting mad at me for saying 'no' to match ideas, so I have learned to just say 'yes.' It is easier to let down a girl than a matchmaker.
I am getting set up by people who can care less about the detail, and then I end up not remembering the girl's name. And then the matchmaker says to me that I am the one who doesn't care. I can put them in categories, but I still have to know if she is the one from Jerusalem or Kfar Saba. If I could have just remembered that, it would have been a great date. I had no conversation go to. At least, if I remembered she was from Katamon, I would have had a conversation starter. I would have at least known where to pick her up.
I even cleaned the car for this date. But she says I do not care.
It is getting confusing Josh. They expect too much.
I know you think I am a player. It is these shadchanim. These matchmakers are all over me.

Enjoy Your Marriage,
David

No comments:

Post a Comment